1. Did political economy (or economics) achieve a body of accepted truth during the 20th century? In what respects does the discipline still lack coherence? | Gaffney |
2. List some of the effective political successes of the Single Tax movement that were ignored by historians. | Gaffney |
3. According to Gaffney, what historical factors made the Single Tax movement lose its momentum? | Gaffney |
4. Why do Neo-classical economists teach that equity and efficiency are opposed to each other? How does Henry George's political economy reconcile them? | Gaffney |
5. Describe a difficult public-policy problem and how Georgist public revenue policy would help to solve it.
6. What is it about the methodology of neoclassical economics that complicates the question of externalities? | What George "Left Out" |
7. What is the most widespead and important externality? | What George "Left Out" |
8. How can Georgist political economy help to simplify questions of environmental policy? | What George "Left Out" |
9. Why was it not necessary to discuss the business cycle in The Science of Political Economy? | What George "Left Out" |
10. At the "full employment point", why are a significant number of people still involuntarily unemployed? | The Boom-Bust Cycle |
11. What form of supply shock is, under current policies, a structural part of a growing economy? | The Boom-Bust Cycle |
12. What are the two ways in which land speculation retards the economy? | The Boom-Bust Cycle |
13. In a brief essay, answer this question: How would society be affected by a more widespread understanding of fundamental economic principles?